Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Malaysia's Public Toilet

Our Malaysia's public toilets are well-kown for its...
Being that, I have trained myself not to use them except for the period when I was carrying babies.
Now, I wish to train Jerilyn this habit. Some many disagree with me for obvious reasons but I can't imagine bringing my 2-year old to the wet, smelly, often littered toilets.
In the beginning, when she said "boo-boo", which means 'I want to pee', I told her "Pee" as in pee in your pants. Yah! I know it was the wrong thing to say. It is embarassingly funny when I recall those incidents. Nevertheless, she didnt wet her pants until we reached home.
In our outings after that, CH took her to the toilets a couple of times but she didnt do her business as she wasnt comfortable with squatting while doing you-know-what. I wasnt confident enough to take er to the loo yet. Not sure if it was psychology or what but she came out a happy girl as if she had relieved herself. After that, I try to train her to do her business while squatting but at most times, she just laughs and nothing comes out.
Last Saturday was my 1st experience taking her to a public toilet. It was at a cafe. Thank goodness the toilet was clean. In fact, it was the cleanest I have visited in ages. I had trouble making sure only her shoes had contact with the surroundings.
A friend suggested that we only go to places where the toilets are clean but how many places with clean toilets can we find in Ipoh?
You may say that I could just let her pee in her diapers but the problem is she doesnt want to. She starts whispering "boo-boo" and points at you-know-where and if we dont take any action,she speaks louder and becomes more restless. It makes us laugh seeing her funny expression.
Wasted quite a number of unused diapers. Gotta train her.

No comments:

Post a Comment