Saturday, March 26, 2011

Writing

Every mother tends to compare their children's achievement. I am no exception. I always have the perception that Jesslyn is slower than Jerilyn academically. At 27 months, Jesslyn still can't recognise all the 26 letters and numbers. She mixes up animals and colours. Nevertheless, I have never been anxious with that. Is it because Mummies usually have higher expectations from the 1st child? However, being born in December, something has to be done to prepare her for school life. She has less than a year before she joins a montessori next year. She will be put with the 4yo while she is barely 3yo. Will she be left behind? Will she be bullied? Will she be prepared mentally, emotionally and physically for 4yo classes? Below is 1 of the beginning 'official' lessons I just had with her. I had to prompt her a few times to complete the exercise as after circling each number, she says "Finished". (how lazy) As compared to Jerilyn, she has better grip than her sister. She is steadier when it comes to writing. One could hardly see Jerilyn's writing when she was this age but Jesslyn pressed the pencil so hard that it looks like she will puncture the paper. When it comes to talking, she can babble non-stop. She can be very arrogant and demanding. For example:

  • She asked for a pencil and I gave her a colour pencil, she scolded "Hey, I said pencil what?!"

  • I asked her to pass a paper to her sister, her reply was "You take it. I am holding a pen."(both her hands were occupied).

  • Jerilyn snoops at her at work, she instructed (just like the way I do) "You do your work."

  • She scribbled her own flesh and asked "Eh? Who did this?" I pretended to be ignorant to which she proudly said "It's me!"(pointing at herself)

  • She seeks attention by making sure that her pitch is 1-2 levels higher than us esp when we are engrossed in conversations.

  • She doesnt like to be disturbed when doing her big business. She says "Dont disturb me. I want to poo-poo. Go away."

No comments:

Post a Comment