Thursday, October 6, 2011

Who's the Boss?

Are most kids (if not all) nowadays vocal with their feelings?
Mine are super expressive so much so that I wonder who is in command here. Sob! Sob!
For example:
  1. This is what Jesslyn (2y8m) said when I scolded her. "I am not happy with you." After a minute or so, "Next time, I don't buy toys for you." I remembered Jerilyn saying "I don't give you angpow." when she wasn't happy with me.
  2. Jesslyn (2y9m) woke up on the wrong side of the bed one morning and wailed. In fact, it happens at least 2 times a week. I said something; a joke maybe to make her happy and Jie2 was also babbling but this was her response "I don't want to listen (to) this!" She repeated twice so I was sure that was what she said. I laughed actually.
  3. My dad complained the very same day that she said this to him "I don't want to listen you. I listen to mummy."
  4. She negotiates with you. (A) I told Jesslyn not to take any chocolates because Jie2 has a cough. She said "Jie2 don't eat. I have no cough. I want to eat." (B) I tell her to colour faster for example, she answers "I am writing fast already what?"
  5. At night when she wants to sleep, she orders like this "Shh... shh... I want to sleep. Don't talk." She repeats until you are quiet.
  6. Some of the complicated phrases she uses are "What is happening?" "I don't believe you." "
For the record, Jesslyn learns to
  • put on and take off her clothes
  • button her own clothes
  • writing a few small letters of the alphabet at 2y9m old

No comments:

Post a Comment