Thursday, February 12, 2015

Extra Curricular Activities

Children nowadays are so pre-occupied with activities. I know many who have to attend tuition 5 days a week, even 7 days! On top of that, they go to different centres according to subjects. Not to mention the distance. The parents do not mind sending their kids kilometres away just so that they get the best tuition. Pity the parents who have to chaperon EVERY DAY!!!

As for myself, I already wishing that Jerilyn can get her own driving license as soon as possible. No. Not tuition but fetching them from school is enough to give me that thought. Other than that, I have to send them for piano classes and ballet lessons. On Tuesdays, Jess attend piano class. On Thursday nights, they have ballet lessons and Jerilyn has piano lessons on Saturdays. In comparison to other mothers, I am the lucky one. 

In school, the girls are quite active. They are both interested in badminton and arts. However, arts have to be sacrificed as they have recently joined Mathematical Olympiad classes. I encourage them to join activities to widen their social network and learn actively, not passively. 

Do they miss anything for not taking tuition? Maybe. I am sure they will do much better academically (if education is about As) if they were to have extra Mandarin lessons. In addition, imagine all the extra time I have for myself instead of nagging them to do extra work at home. The house will be more peaceful too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment