Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jerilyn's Reaction

Jerilyn visited me a day after delivery but she did not expect to see a baby next to Mummy. She looked confused and 'not very happy'. She did not call me or said anything. When I talked to her, she turned her back on me and clinged to her dad. Only after the nurse took Jesslyn back to the nursery did Jerilyn started smiling, talking, called me and even mentioned "Baby" a couple of times. Maybe wondering where did the baby go.
The next day, it was time for the baby to go home. In the hospital, Jerilyn didnt care much of the baby but only wanted to be carried. In the car, she began to have curiousity towards the stranger. She began to touch her lightly at first on the leg. Then, her hands; squeezing her a little bit. And finally, move up to her face while saying "Baby Baby".... We taught her Mei Mei, and she repeated after us. We told her she is Jie Jie and she said the same. I dont know if she is calling the baby Mei2, Jie2 and Baby all at the same time or she understands she is Jie2 and Jesslyn is Mei2.
I hope Jerilyn loves her sister and be gentle with her.

1 comment:

  1. don worry. sure she wiil love her sister.
    Posted by Ong Sze Yen

    ReplyDelete