Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jesslyn's Arrival

Arrival of Jesslyn
After 40 weeks of gestation and still no sign of labour, I obediently surrendered myself to ISC on 8/12/2008 morning. The necessary was done and I waited for my gynae patiently. He came at 11+am and induced me by INSERTING a tablet. I dont know why he didnt use the drip but he said that the table has a slow inducing effect. I asked hubby first to go home to prepare the house for the new baby while I waited for the effect to take place. I told him that when they put me on drip, I will sms him. After 1 hour, I declared that indeed it does have a slow inducing effect. At 1pm+, I felt the contractions. I thought it would be another 3-5 hours before my labour starts and I asked hubby not to rush. The pain got more intense. At 2.30pm, hubby came and I told him that he may have to wait quite a while. At 3.15pm, dr came again, checked and announced that the dilation was 3.5cm. He said "Ok" and left. I went to the toilet, came out and the nurse called me to another room. I didnt know that it was the delivery room until I saw the UFO spotlights. They didnt warn me that I would deliver soon and so I thought, lucky CH was here. It was 3.30pm. I asked the nurse, will they put me on the drip and of course, the answer is No. The pain got worse. The nurse told me to inform her when I feel the urge to poo and when I did, she said I was too late! Huh!? They could see the head and quickly phoned up the dr(twice). They gave me the gas and painkiller. I really wished the dr was there instead of my husband. I asked "Where is dr?" I took as much gas as possible. When the dr came, I was ready to push and pushed I did. At 4.05pm, the baby was out. The rest is history....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome little Jesslyn! May God bless you.

    Lots of love,
    Yee Yee

    ReplyDelete
  2. you very brave. i pround of you
    Posted by Ong Sze Yen

    ReplyDelete