Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baby Blues

Finally, delivery is over. Confinement is over. Now the bringing up. When will it be over?
Generally the confinement this time is not as tension as it was last time. Tension because I couldnt produce enough milk n didnt hv the confidence that I could fulfill my baby's needs. If only I was more patient. If that was not depressing enough, my MIL demonstrated her expertise (not that I dont appreciate her unconditiona help) with my baby that made me depressed for months n lowered my self esteem. Was it the baby blues?
Hmm.... Why am I talking about the past? Ok. Back to reality. This time around, I made sure that I had my 2 kids with me full-time. Accepting help only for food and laundry. It was tough. Somex, 1 cried after another. Other times, both cried and seemed to compete to see who wins in getting my attn. At the end of the day, I could feel the consequences when my back hurt when I lied down flat on the bed. However, I have no regrets and I would have done the same if I have to go through it again. I love to have them both together.
Now, I dont mind that my sister has brought Jerilyn over to my ma's place while I rest. Why is it ok now while it wasnt last month? Baby blues again?

No comments:

Post a Comment