Monday, May 11, 2009

Gratification

May 11
Gratification
I would like to dedicate this blog to myself and my husband.
First, I am shamefully proud to say that I CAN DRIVE! [I achieved my New Year's Resolution!!! The only NY's resolution that I could fulfill. HAHA!!] Not 10 minutes drive or driving in a desert-like area, which what I used to do, but driving for an hour to and fro Kampar. You may ask "What makes you drive?" My answer is I realise that I cannot be the little girl who always need daddy or hubby to chauffer me around.
I only had 1 lesson of long-distance driving to work accompanied by husband before I drove on my own to work the very next Monday. To me, it was no big deal that my husband accompanied me but when my colleagues asked & knew about my transportation that day, their response was "You have a good husband". I thought to myself "Wont any husband do the same?"
Once in a while, people remind me how great my husband is. During courtship, friends said "Your bf is a great person. He really 'sayang' you. Hv seen so many couples but havent met someone as loving as him." Now, friends say "You have a good husband." I know they were not just being polite. Doing house chores, taking care of children, cooking, chauffering, etc.... Dont all modern husbands do all these? Nevertheless, it's not only these that they praise. It's his sincerity and generosity. He has never taken advantage of any1 but readily offers his hand. He is also very sensitive towards people's needs. Am I taking him for granted?
Quote from The Road Less Travelled: Healthy couples instinctively will switch roles from time to time.
We just celebrate our 4th anniversary on 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment