Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Is she Reading?


September 01
Is she reading?

I came across some educational videos(nursery rhymes, alphabet and numbers) in youtube a month back and I exposed Jerilyn to these videos since then. With access to these short, interesting videos, she doesnt watch much DVDs anymore. She used to watch about an hour of Barney everyday in our home but nowadays, she only watches an hour a week. However, this doesnt include the hours she spends on tv at my parents' house. Thanks to internet videos, I saved RM20 on electricity bill last month. Apparently, the home theatre consumes a lot of electricity. Morever, she only spends half an hour watch internet video everyday.
The video attached shows that she can read (it's actually memorising) the slides. Nevertheless, since watching these videos/slides, she is more receptive of alphabet and numbers. She has better memory too. For eg,She remembers that King Kong died in a movie and repeated it to me more than a week after watching it. I was telling her that the flower was gone because it dies and she said "Gorilla die". At first, it puzzled me why of all the animals - gorilla. It's also easier to teach her. Without much effort, she remembers who is the President of America, PM of Malaysia, recognises the M'sian and Perak flag etc..
My mum however, has only 1 comment: She will get bored in school if you teach her too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment