Friday, May 27, 2011

Updates

At 2y5m old, these are the issues to highlight about Jesslyn:
  • Recently, she has more interest in writing and I took this opportunity to teach her. She could write 'H', 'E' and 'J'. She claims that she can write 'A' and 'N' but you won't be able to recognise the letters. :)
  • She can trace dotted lines very well.
  • She can recognise number 1-10 now (finally).
  • Talking is still her favourite activity. You give her a book with pictures, she can relate a story based on the picture. At the same time, she asks "Why?" You give her a book with words, she tells you a story as if she is really reading.
  • she has good memory. One morning, she learnt to write 'E' and I nonchalantly asked her after work what had she learnt to write that morning. She could tell me almost instantly 'E'.
  • She has no interest in reading yet in the sense that she cannot recognise a single word. Occasionally, she strikes the word 'cat' and 'dog'.
What can a 4y4m old achieve? Jerilyn
  • can read and write in English pretty well.
  • knows less than 20 chinese characters.
  • has interest in learning Bahasa Malaysia. As her English is strong, she has no problem learning pronunciation and recognising BM words.
  • able to do very basic calculations involving numbers below 5.
Other than achievements, here are some of the negative traits Jerilyn has.
  1. She lies when she has done something wrong. She puts the blame on Jesslyn most of the time.
  2. She has the habit of putting things into her mouth and nibbling them.
  3. She is stubborn as a mule; a rebel esp when I am tough on her.
Frankly, not that I am bias but Jesslyn does not have bad habits like Jerilyn. Jesslyn is more of a people person. Before you can get tough with her, she grins and make adorable faces that just melts your heart. She loves to get close to us (but not to Jie2), sitting with us and hugging us. This morning, I held her hand as she learned to write 'S'. Upon completion, she was so overwhelmed that she came to me and whispered 'I love you, Mummy' while wrapping her arms around me. When I scold the elder, the younger is quiet and mind her own business. On the other hand, when I scold the younger, the elder will become protective and start scolding me, saying that I am naughty for scolding her sister. I do appreciate Jerilyn's protectiveness over her sister. I hope she will do the same in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment