Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food Poisoning

On Wednesday, 24 August night, Jerilyn started vomiting after 9pm. After the 2nd time, Daddy took her to his panel clinic. In fact, the reason she was sent to the clinic was not because of the vomit but because of her bleeding nose. Blood wasn't dripping but there were stains of blood in her mucus. They came home with some medications. The first thing I asked Daddy was about her nose which dr said that it was not something serious. She vomited the 4th time before bedtime. We went to bed.
At about 1am, Jerilyn vomited again. And again after about half an hour. And again. And again. And again. I lost count how many times she threw up. By 3am, we couldn't take it anymore. Daddy took her to the clinic again where the dr advised us to give her medicine each time she threw up and wrote a referral letter in case we want to admit her. The ordeal continued 'til 5am I guess.
The next day, I went to work like Zombie while Daddy took the day off. I came home at 2pm, praying for good news. Unfortunately, Jerilyn threw up twice that morning which means we had to take the last resort. Hospitals, the place I hate the most. Don't we all?
We gathered whatever necessary and headed for Pantai Hospital an hour later. This was the first time Jerilyn was sent to a hospital. As we knew no pediatrician, a Dr Lee HT was recommended. The doctor diagnosed her as 'suspected food poisoning.' She was on drip. The first night was 'relaxing' for me. Imagine doing nothing other than making sure that Jerilyn was comfortable in bed and looking out of the busy traffic outside the window. To my relief, she only vomited once and her condition stabilised towards the night.
We snuggled together in her bed for the 2 nights. I tried sleeping on the lazy chair but there was no way I could have a good night sleep with a mosquito (or 2) hovering over my feet. At one time, a nurse jostled me but what I came face to face with was a heavy leg on my chest. I wondered if the nurses laughed at that embarrassing sight. While I took care of her for 2 nights, Jesslyn was sent to my ever ready MIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment