Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anti-social?

It's 23rd January today. Finally have the time and mood to write about this.
So, are my kids anti-social or rather, is my Jesslyn anti-social? Not exactly. I use this term because her teacher told me that she needs social development. In terms of studies, she has no problem catching up with other kids (as she is a December baby). However, her teacher commented that she doesn't like to study in groups. If the teacher teaches her individually, she is fine. She doesn't like to play with other kids too.
I was quite taken aback as this is exactly what I had in my mind the day before this conversation took place. I was worried that Jesslyn cannot mix with other kids. She is self-centred and pampered like a princess at home. She doesn't like sharing. She likes to be the centre of attention. Thus, I know that she won't be able to play with others unless they treat her like a princess.
I told her about her teacher's comment (she doesn't want to study in groups) and asked her why. She said that she wants the teacher to teach her only.

No comments:

Post a Comment