Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bottle Free

All this while, feeding from bottle had never been an issue for me. I don't mind if they have to use the bottle 'til.... well, older. Did I mention that I hate cleaning up the mess they make while drinking from cups?

Anyway, as Jesslyn had ulcer on her tongue last month which caused difficulty in drinking from bottle, she refused to drink. She sipped from cup 'til she got better and started to drink from bottle again. I wanted to stop her from using the bottle. Unfortunately, she wasn't drinking much water from the cup, thus I had to revert back to bottle.

As for Jerilyn, there is no trouble in weaning the bottle. It wasn't a plan thing but since Jesslyn didn't use, naturally, I didn't give Jerilyn too. So, for 3 full days, Jerilyn didn't use the bottle. I even threw away her bottle on the 4th day. However, that very same day, I had to work and she had fever. That gave Gong2 excuse to open another new bottle for her. He complained to Jerilyn that I like to throw things. Sigh!! So, now, with him, she uses the bottle but with me, she uses the cup. If I were to tell him, he would say 2 things:
  1. she doesn't drink much with cup.
  2. she is still young, thus, she has the license to drink from bottle.

I did ask her why didn't she tell Gong2 that she can drink from cup. She said that she did tell him but he wasn't listening. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment