Sunday, January 31, 2016

2 weeks without dearest Daddy

When I got to know that hubby was going on a 2 week business trip, I was pretty excited. Firstly, it's Los Angeles we are talking about here. Secondly, hmm......... I can't think of the second reason. Hehe....

So, all preparations were made including visas, interview at the embassy and researching. Nope, he did not do any researches on LA. He had no time to waste on it.  Therefore, I did some researching. There wasn't much that I could do cuz he wasn't alone in this trip. His decisions were group decisions.

As the days drew nearer, the girls and I were quite apprehensive. There were quite a number of things that I was worried about.
1. His safety
2. I have to chauffeur the girls to school every morning at 7am. What a drag.
3. CNY is close and I have to do some shopping myself. Boring.
4. Kids' homework. Who are we to ask when they need help?
5. Our safety
Well, I can list down a lot of reasons but we can't run away from reality. He had home for LA on 22 January 2016 morning. We miss him a lot.

It is now 31 January 2016, So, what is it like to stay home without Daddy? To be frank, it isn't as bad as I thought. As it is semester break, I practically spend a lot of time at home, which means that I do a lot of spring cleaning to occupy my time. You see,  I have to make sure that the house is in spick and span condition for CNY. What have I done to welcome the lunar new year? First, I sent my car for its 70k service and got a new set of clutch. Now, it speeds like a cheetah. I waxed it too. Secondly, the air-conditioner in the living room is repaired. We can all have a comfortable cooling CNY this year. Phew! The malfunctioned light in the guest room was repaired as well. Thirdly, the piano has been tuned by a pro. I had had a few so called pro tuned my piano but I am most satisfied with this man.

I do a lot of shopping with the girls and my dad too. A new shopping mall has just been set up near to our home - very convenient for shopping and 'makan'. Additionally, I have also spent a lot of time surfing the Internet to find the right stuff the buy in USA. The right bag, The right souvenirs from Universal Studios and Disneyland outlets. The right watch. My husband isn't much of a shopper so I have to tell him what is expected of him or he may come back with half the bag empty. Anyway, so far, he hasn't disappointed me. His extra bag is full and complains about opening some boxes to give space for the merchandises.

He will be back in 3 days' time. Can't wait to welcome him as well as our presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment