Sunday, January 31, 2016

Playing the Ukulele

I bought the girls a ukulele as a Christmas present in 2012. The girls loved it but couldn't play a song as none of us know how. Subsequently, I wanted to enrol them with music centres but it never materialised until recently.

Since December 2012, they have learnt how to play a song (Happy Birthday), which I learnt from youtube. Imagine my excitement when the school offers ukulele lessons. I have been waiting for this to happen. Yoohoo... You see, schools aren't what they used to be where students only go there to study and maybe join some co-curricular activities.

Nowadays, businesses are brought to schools for the convenience of the busy parents. You can attend dancing classes, taekwando, badminton, arts, Chinese writing, Olympiad Maths to name a few. This year, there is ukulele too. Without doubt, I enrolled Jesslyn. Jerilyn, on the other hand, has badminton lessons on the same day. It's like killing two birds with one stone. I don't have to go to school at different times to pick them up and Jesslyn can learn to be independent by having a hobby which truly belongs to her. All this while, she follows her sister in her pursuits. This time, she will be the teacher, teaching Jerilyn how to play the ukulele.

That day, she played a song and even sang to it. I have recorded a video, waiting to be uploaded in the youtube before transferring to here. I was pleasantly surprised that she could do all that after just attended two lessons. If it was Jerilyn, I wouldn't be half as surprised as I was with Jesslyn. :p

Take a look.

Ops... I just realise that the recording isn't a full song. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment