Thursday, February 26, 2009

Escapade

am pretty much ready to start work again after 3 months of holiday. Not looking forward but am not complaining either. My only complaint is I have to switch my waking time from 10am to 6am ie depriving 3 hours of sleep daily. This is not only punishment to me but my kids too. :-(
The past 3 months have been fulfilling yet exhausting. Like yesterday, I put them to bed for their afternoon nap, intending to finish setting my exam paper. Just when I got the idea, 1 of them cried and I had to put her to sleep again. I came down, started typing and in less than 5 minutes, there they go again. I could hear Jerilyn's footsteps down the stairs, wailing "Mummy! Mummy".
I need space; space to think, to relax, to meditate even to breathe. And I cant do all these wt 2 kids for 247.
I need a break from them. In reverse, I will be taking a break by going back to work.

2 comments:

  1. Same happens in our household. The baby sleeps thru the nite, the toddler cries for unknown reasons. But ever since we weaned her off the bottle, she wakes up less. It's like there's no more comfort bottle, so no reason to wake up. The bad thing is of course, she doesn't drink milk now! We cant win.
    Posted by Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerilyn was usually a good girl too, sleeping thru the night. Only for the past few nights since her sis sleeps well did she wake up, crying. However, yesterday, all of us had a good night's sleep til the morning. Phew!
    Since your kid has refused milk, have you tried feeding in bottle? She refuses? You could give her choc milk instead. Not a spoonful but 100% choc milk.
    What other drinks she take? Probably you could slowly introduce back bottle to her rather than not drinking milk at all. It's not that we encourage bottle-feeding but she might not be ready to wean-off the bottle just yet. You could still give her other drinks in cups or from straw.

    ReplyDelete