Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nothing Particular

Jesslyn loves company. Unlike Jerilyn who could play on her own, Jesslyn usually cries when she doesnt see any1 within her view. On the other hand, she will put on a big smile when she sees someone. When we talk to her, she coos and smiles. It feels like a real conversation. Jesslyn likes licking her hands, which is another contrast to Jerilyn.
When Jerilyn started walking on her own at 13 months, I was proud. It was because I was told that girls learn to walk later than boys, which means girls are suppose to learn walking at about 15months+. Recently, I know some baby girls who can walk quite steadily at 13months but I remember that Jerilyn was stumbling at that age. Conclusion is children at this generation learn things faster at a younger age than us.
Jerilyn makes a breakthrough every time she reaches a full age. When she was 1, she learnt how to walk. Last month, she stopped using diapers at home. Now, she doesnt need diapers at all. She can control her bowels at night and during outings until we reach home. Yesterday, we had to go out for 4-5hours and I doubt if she could control her bowels. I put her in diapers and when we reached home, her diapers was as dry as new. However, my mum and sis discourage this cuz it may have negative effects on her kidneys. Hmm... there is nothing I could do tho. I could take her to public toilets but if you have experienced using public toilets in Malaysia, you would only go if your bladders were about to burst.
I am disappointed with Jerilyn's performance at my sister's wedding dinner. She was clinging to her dad the whole time and was not her usual cheerful self. Not many photos were taken. As CH and I were the cameramen and the videomen, we were too busy taking photos of the wedding couple and caring for the babies that there was not much time for photo taking of us.
I have heard of many complaints that babies have fever after a jab. This is a piece of advice I would like to share: Feed your baby with the medicine provided the moment you reach home and continue giving for 24 hours. I had been doing this with Jerilyn and she had never develop a fever after a jab. Good Luck!

2 comments:

  1. Jun wei until now no dare to walk by himself. he is scare. already 14 mths lo... but never mind, vincent and i let him learn himself. how long he take doesn matter.
    Posted by Ong Sze Yen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit that I am a bit kiasu. However, I know that every child gifted with different abilities. For instance, she is slow in learning to talk n their achievements now doesnt reflect their potentials in the future. Every boy and girl will learn what they are supposed to do sooner or later. But if I dont write about her development, there is nothing to write. haha....

    ReplyDelete