Monday, April 13, 2009

The Adorable Things They Do

Just like her big sister, Jesslyn prefers gong-gong to carry more than po-po. When she cries while po-po is carrying, gong-gong will come to the rescue by just supporting her neck with his hand TA-DA --- she stops crying.
There are 2 things they particularly do that takes my heart away. First is to see them lying side by side, chatting in their own language. Second is when Jesslyn giggles and chuckles at Jerilyn's cute actions. Jesslyn seems to looks up to her sister. Jerilyn has been teaching her sister new words too. Putting a big book straight up, she points to a picture and names the picture. Somex she says "Wei Lin, elephant." or "Wei Lin, see. Tiger."

When Jerilyn is in the mood to play piano, she picks a book, opens it n places it on the stand. Not only does she pretend to play a masterpiece, she sings as well. Its not very melodious but its sweet enough for my ears.

Last Saturday, Daddy brought us to Yeolde English to celebrate my belated birthday. As we usually order 3 sets of meal so that Jerilyn has her own share, that day we ordered seafood fried rice for her. At first she was happily feeding herself. Then, she was full n pushed the plate away. When I tried to coax her into taking a few more spoons, she looked up onto the ceiling and sang, pretending not to hear or see me. It was very cheeky of her.

After Jesslyn has taken her bath, it is routine for Jerilyn to squeeze out water from the small towel, turn the tub over to throw away the soaped water and putting it back where it belongs. She just loves doing things for others.

It takes me weeks to finish 1 blog cuz I just hardly have time to myself. 10 minutes break is the most I have at any 1 time. By the time I publish this, it is already 2 weeks old. I borrow a good book from the library which I intend to read during the holidays but after a few attempts to start reading it, I only managed to finish 3 paragraphs in the first page. Wonder if I can finish reading the whole book by the time the loan is due which is 4 months from now.

For the record, Jerilyn can solve a 12pc puzzle at 26months. She praises herself everytime she solves it. She would say 'pan-nai'(pandai) when she is able to do or identify a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment