Friday, April 24, 2009

Stereotypes

Since young, we learned that girls wear pink and boys wear blue. Girls play dolls and boys play cars. Mummy stays in the kitchen and Daddy goes to work. But, now, stereotypes have changed.
As I find that Jerilyn has too many boy toys(another stereotype), I bought her a doll house, which I have always wanted since I was young. So, MY DREAM came true when I bought a doll house. The house consists of furniture(of course), Daddy, Mummy, a girl and a dog. I love to arrange the furniture (compensating the lost childhood play) and I usually put 'Mummy' in the kitchen, 'Daddy in the living room, the girl in the bedroom n the dog on the balcony. One fine day, Jerilyn opens the house door n threw the dog outside. I guess she thinks the dog belongs outside the house as the stray dog at my mum's stays out too. What surprised me was she picked up 'Mummy' n threw her out too, saying "Mummy chuo kong (Mummy works - Mandarin). Bye2" and closed the door. I was dumbfounded but I had a good laugh tho I didnt feel comfortable. I am depressed cuz she threw me out of the house. Have I neglected her that she thinks I should stay out too like the dog? Will she throw me out of the house when she grows up? Today, she not only put me out, she also did the same thing with 'Daddy'. I have tried to accompany and play with them as much as possible whenever I am home. Think I am not doing enough for them.

1 comment:

  1. really worried after read ur blog. I also wondering am I give 'enough' time to my son too??
    Nowadays kid very clever.. they just x talk only. they know everything!!
    Posted by Ong Sze Yen

    ReplyDelete