Friday, April 24, 2009

Shopping Experience

Going for outings nowadays need more energy and planning than ever before. We have to make sure that both the kids and us are fully charged. On a rare good day, Jessly would observe the world around her quietly while Jerilyn would happily shop and touching things without much hassle. On other days, Jesslyn doesnt want to stay in her stroller and Jerilyn is not contented wt just shopping. The first 10 minutes of shopping, Jesslyn in her stroller, Jerilyn's sitting in the trolley. Another 10 minutes, Daddy has to carry the small 1 and push the stroller while Mummy handles the shopping trolley with Jerilyn's help. After half an hour, Daddy carries the big 1 and the stroller while Mummy carries the lighter 1 while maneuvering the shopping trolley. By then, our clothes become crinkled and sloppy. My face is oily and my hair looks unkempt. Sometimes I feel like we are monkeys in the zoo - being watched and pitied esp when they start crying and kicking and stomping the floor.

Yesterday, I took the kids to a hypermarket. Jerilyn wanted to walk with me instead of being caged in the trolley. I was picking some carrots for like ... 6 secs and when I turned around, there was no trolley. I didnt panic cuz I know she wouldnt be far from me and the place was quite empty so it wouldnt be difficult to spot her. I looked around the corner and voila! There she was. Pushing the trolley on her own while calling "Mummy". She was calm too, looking around for me and she maneuvered the trolley very well. She didnt look lost and seemed to be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment