Monday, July 5, 2010

A minute vs A night

Jerilyn is not one of those who just toss and turn in bed til she falls asleep. She wanders in the dark til she is bored and tired. Then, toss and turn on the bed til she sleeps. Yesterday, she was doing the same thing. Nonchalantly, I said to her, "If you are naughty, I will kick you out of the room." There was a minute of silence. Then, she opened the room door, ready to leave. As it was pitch-dark, I was afraid she might fall down the stairs. I asked quickly "Where are you going?". She answered sarcastically "You said I go out?" I replied "I was just kidding." Again, she persisted "You said I go out?" I couldnt persuade her to return to bed. She closed the door to our amusement.
What it seems like a minute later, she opened the door and announced "It's 7o'clock. Wake up. Wake up." like a cock-a-doodle-doo. At first, we pretended not to hear her or should I say, I was too puzzled with what she said I didnt know what to say. She repeated "It's 7o'clock already. It's time to wake up." After that, we concluded that she must have imagined spending 1 whole night outside the room (tho it was no more than a minute) and pretended that it was daylight when she came back. We were pleasantly amused with her creativity and laughed at her smart remarks. I told her it's not yet 7o'clock and it's time to sleep to which she replied "ok".

No comments:

Post a Comment