Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meaningful Remarks

The past few weeks have been a busy period although it's also my semester break. Looking back, I wonder what have I achieved after 4 weeks of break. Anyway, there is nothing worth noting down except for a few quotations I wish to remember. For those who follow FB will find this familiar:

I came back from a new hairstyle and this was what they have to say: Jerilyn "Mummy, you look like a woman. You better stay at home and don't go out. People will laugh at you." Jesslyn "Why is your hair so messy, mummy?" The photo attached was taken a day after I permed my hair. It isn't so bad, is it?

But when Daddy came home with a new haircut, it was a different story. Jerilyn "Wah! Look at the handsome boy! The handsome boy is back."

At the petrol station, Daddy took a phone call and Jerilyn said to him "Daddy, you naughty boy." After a while, "You naughty handsome boy."

Other than that, Jerilyn criticised her teacher twice for 'bad' handwriting. Once, she claimed that '2' looks like '6'. Another time, she claimed the 'LY' in her name looks like 'M'.

My dad told me about his conversation with Jerilyn. It sounds something like this:
Jerilyn: I want to go home to see Mummy.
Gong2: Mummy is at school.
Jerilyn: No. Mummy is not at school. She is not young anymore. She is working. She is an adult.
At home, she took the broom and swept from the masterbedroom, down the stairs and into the dustpan. She told my dad this: Gong2, I am so clever. I sweep the floor because I make Mummy happy.

The best so far is this: "Eh? Why is your UGLY face so PRETTY?" said Jesslyn to Jerilyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment