Sunday, December 11, 2011

heart to heart talk

Being a typical kiasu, Malaysian mother, I am stern when it comes to studies. Whenever I teach the girls, esp Jerilyn, something possesses me and I am not myself anymore.

So, as usual, things turned ugly. Coincidentally, it's time for bed thus, I sent them to bed and did some mopping. When I went into the room, Jerilyn was weeping on the bed.

Jesslyn: Say sorry Jie2. Jie2 is so sad. Say sorry Jie2.
Me: (Puzzled) Who? Me or Jie?
Jesslyn: You. (pointed at me)

I was amazed by her persistence and maturity in handling this. I apologised to Jerilyn, kissed her and continued my mopping. Outside the room, I could hear Jerilyn sobbing even louder. I was about to open the door but I heard this:

Jesslyn: Huh? I can't hear you.
Jerilyn: (Mumble in between sobs)
Jesslyn: You don't want Mummy ar?
Jerilyn: (Mumble, mumble)
Jesslyn: I can't hear you. You don't want Mummy?
Jerilyn: I want Mummy to sleep with me.
Jesslyn: You want Mummy to sleep with you? Mummy is working already.

I opened the door after that and lied down next to Jerilyn. Jesslyn came and sandwiched me. After 5 short minutes, both of them dozed off.

It's so touching to hear them sharing a private moment together. So mature of them. I feel 10 years older. This is like a scene in the future - my girls have a heart to heart talk where mummy is not allowed to hear and I have to eavesdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment