Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jesslyn @ 3yo

Jesslyn... Jesslyn... Jesslyn....

There is so much to talk about 'til I don't know where to start. Let's start with what she can do and can't do @3:
  1. she definitely stopped using pacifier and nappies since 2. The only thing she hasn't been weaned is her bottle. The reason is drinking from cups give me the extra work, which I don't need.
  2. she puts on clothes herself but she needs help when it comes to zipping the back and buttoning her pants.
  3. she uses the toilet herself. Yup. From settling herself on the bowl to flushing it. She may forget to flush sometimes or worse, doesn't wipe after a big business. No, don't get me wrong. We don't allow her to wipe herself for we know she couldn't have done a good job wiping. The problem is she doesn't inform us after a big business until we see it in the bowl.
  4. she can write and colour. She stops often when colouring and she would pass me the pencil to colour. I think it's because her fingers are tired as she tends to press the pencil very hard onto the paper til you can see marks at the back of it.
  5. she can recite 'San Chee Ching' and multiplications of 2, 3 and 5 in Mandarin.
  6. she can read about thirty 2 to 3 letter words but it's not consistent. However, if you are English illiterate, she will fool you by looking at the words, narrate the story slowly and steadily as if she is really reading from the book.
  7. she can't recognise colours.
  8. she can talk and talking is her expertise. She gives very fast, cheeky answers. She is (a) pampered - does not accept 'No' for an answer. (b) cheeky - has excuses for everything she does (c) confident - speaks so loud and firm that you just give up arguing with her. Here are some conversations I can recall:
  • She forgot where she put her bag and pointed to her. She answered "Eh? I thought I put it here?"
  • She was interested with who was that on tv and asked "Mummy, who is he? I couldn't recognise him."
  • Daddy didn't allow her to bring her Sesame Street umbrella during an outing and she immediately answered "Hey, it will rain afterwards!"
  • We were on our way to my in-laws for dinner yesterday. She said "I want to go to Tesco." I said "Ok... when we are free." "I am free now, Mummy."
  • She wanted to eat chocolate. I said "No. Daddy will scold if you eat." She said "Where got? (Manglish) Daddy is not here."
  • If I scold her, she complains to her Daddy the moment she sees him and vice versa.
  • I seldom beat her. One day, I was so pissed off I beat her while teaching and the next day she negotiated with me before we started our lesson. She said "Mummy, don't beat me ar? Don't beat me and Jie2."

* What's that dot for? It's in case I can recall any other memorable quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment