Sunday, April 29, 2012

Situation 1
She came to me asking me to read her a story while I was already in bed. I said that I didn't have time to entertain her. She demanded "Say Sorry.". I didn't answer her. She firmly said "Mummy, say 'Sorry, I don't have time to entertain you'."

Situation 2
Jerilyn showed me some stickers her friend gave.I wasn't very happy. I told her not to take things from others. Jesslyn said "Mummy, I didnt take anything from my friends. Am I good?"

Situation 3
The girls and I love packing for holidays. This time, we plan to go to KL. Last Saturday, I told Jerilyn that we would pack on Sunday. I don't know how but at 7am the next day, she woke me up so that we could pack. I mean, every morning, we have to call them and shake them up for school and that's after 8. Does she have an alarm clock in her? I told her "Later. We have the whole day. Go back to sleep." She went back to bed only to bug me again after 5 minutes.
So, we have prepared 2 bags. Daddy suggested to use only 1 bag. Jerilyn answered him "It's happier to have 2 bags." (which I agree totally). Jerilyn definitely knows how to have fun more than Daddy.

Situation 4
We were in a car one day and Daddy & I were chatting when Jesslyn wanted us to change the radio to her favourite disc. We were so engrossed into our conversation that we ignored her. Actually, not only that. We hate it when she becomes bossy and doesn't take 'No' for an answer. After a while, she was quiet. When she became quiet... too quiet in fact, it was my turn to talk to her. I called her name. She said angrily "I don't want to talk to you. You two guys make me sad." We looked at each other. We wanted to laugh so much but if we laugh, the more irritated she would become. She would think that we are laughing at her.

Today, I scolded Jerilyn and she was sulking at a corner. Jesslyn joined her after that. When I called them, Jesslyn said "I don't want. You make Jie2 and I sad because you scold us." Sigh......

Situation 5
I was teaching Jesslyn to to fill in the crossword puzzle with colour words. Jerilyn was trying to be helpful by spelling out  'Yellow' for her but she was not very grateful. She asked "Did Mummy ask you to come? No right? Why did you come here? Go back there and do your work." Pity Jerilyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment