Monday, June 20, 2016

Stone Painting

Are you surprised to read the title? What? Stone painting? Jo-ann and the kids did stone painting? Well, if you aren't, I was. I mean... you don't often hear me talking about doing handicraft, cooking, baking and that sort, do you?

Here I am, wanting to share with you two of our proud creations. The first was painted by Jerilyn while the second was by Jesslyn.




I must thank my colleague for introducing this wonderful and fun activity to my kids. I am not very artistic so it would never occur to me to do stone painting. My colleague had not only taught me what to use but also provided the stones. She taught me to use poster colours and varnish for best results. 

Well, that's the the positive side of it. Unfortunately, something disastrous happened. The stones were flown away while I was driving my car out! I left these stones on my car for drying after applying some varnish. I had particularly reminded myself to collect them before I drove out. As you could have guessed, the more you tried to remember, the more you will forget and forgot I did. 

We went back the same route in search of these stones. We spotted only 1 but it was ruined. I gave up repainting it cuz this wasn't the first disaster. Before this, the stones were ruined too cuz I had forgotten to collect them during a rainstorm. Another time was because one of us accidentally smeared the paint and as a result, the stone was ruined. 

The dull looking birdy stone is not lying on the coffee table waiting for us to revive its beauty. 

I felt embarrassed and fortunate at the same time when the flying away happened. Embarrassed because it happened when I was on my way to school when many cars were following behind me. Imagine how silly we (my car & I) looked with 2 coloured stones wobbling at the top of my car. On the other hand, I was fortunate none of the stones smashed any windscreen or caused a dent on another car. I would have to pay a high price of being known as The Dangerous Mother. I hope those who saw the stones flying would forget me and my car. 

* Talking about The Dangerous Mother or The ... Mother reminds me of many other silly incidents which I will update in the next blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment