Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Welcome 2011

As 2010 is coming to an end, I begin to reflect on what 2010 has been for me. Overall, I have mixed feelings towards this year. I have had my worst and best moments.
The beginning of the year had been the most stressful and distressing period of my life. Then, the period of self-pity, soul-searching and reflecting my life. Now, almost a year later, I have accepted the fact that 'what has to go, has to go'. There is just no turning back. Self-pity is self-destruction. There are many more unfortunate people out there. I began to understand this after reading news about deaths of youths, esp my own student. I also heard stories from students who had lost their parents at a young age of 4 and another 2 lost their parents too this year.
As compared to them, I had 33 years with my mum. It was not enough but again, I have to let go.
The kids still often talks of their Po-Po especially Jerilyn. Out of nowhere, she will ask questions like:
  • Do you love Po2?
  • Why is Po2 in the church?
  • Who bought this? Is it Po2?
So, that was my worst moment. My best moments are definitely related to the children.
Jerilyn @ 4yo,
  • she is more mature, understanding and caring. She gives in to her sister to avoid getting ear-splitting screams. She 'saved' her sister by pulling her back when she saw me in the car while they were playing the compound (my dad was in the house). When I scold Jesslyn, Jerilyn will stand up for her "Mummy don't scold her. Next time, I don't want you. Mei2, don't cry."
  • she can read (I presume > 400words)

Jesslyn @ 2yo , the greatest development should be these:

  • from baby-talk to a little conversationalist. Recently, she likes to play pretend call "Hello Daddy? Jie2 finish the papaya. Buy burger for me. Huh? Huh? Thank you Daddy. Thank you Daddy. Byee.." She can explain her actions/choices "I am scared of the clown. That's why I cry." "I don't want (this dress). It's too tight." "I want to boo-boo. I have stomachache."
  • from diaper dependent to 100% toilet trained

I have put down a short list of resolutions and to-do list for 2011. I hope to achieve them as I have achieved my 2010 list. Welcome 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment