Monday, February 20, 2012

Gift or Theft?

Day 1
Today, Jerilyn came home with a secret. I didn't know what it was until hours later. Why was it a secret? It's because she showed Jesslyn the 'secret' but hid it from me.
Later that night, she told me that Ryan, a friend, gave her a pen and showed it to me. She praised him 'pan-nai' (pandai) because he befriended her. I wasn't very pleased because I don't like the idea of her taking things from her friends, with or without their permission. You see, a couple of days earlier, she came home with a hair clip which she picked up from the floor and today this. I warned her that day not to pick and claim ownership of things she sees on the floor. Now, she came back with things claimed to be given by friends.
She proudly said that the boy asked "Are you happy?" (for giving her the pen). Oh ya! You should see her face. She was on cloud 9. He also said that his mummy won't be angry if he gives a way his pen. Well, his mummy isn't but this mummy is!!!

Day 2
Jerilyn told me that her teacher asked her to return the pen to the boy. The teacher said something about having to ask the boy's mummy's permission before taking/giving the pen. I am not happy again.... Now, it looks like we are stealing from others. Excuse me, but the pen was given to my daughter. I didn't make an official complaint but I warned her not to take anything from others anymore. End of story!

No comments:

Post a Comment