Thursday, February 23, 2012

Forgery

This Montessori has a habit of getting parent's signature after each test. Apparently, after the first test, Jerilyn forgot to get our signature. I was already in bed. Daddy told me the next day that Jerilyn came down after 12am to get his signature. You see, he was still working at that hour.

Today, she came back with with flying colours for spelling test. She asked for my signature, while I was busy sweeping. The next moment, I saw a head on the line where parent's signature was suppose to go.


This reminds me of my own wrongdoing when I was only Standard 2. [who am i kidding? Daughter is only 5yo]. I forged my mum's signature in my report card because I forgot to get her signature and when the teacher asked, I was too afraid to admit that it was me who signed. Well, it didn't do me any good as I was punished anyway. I had to move all my belongings including my table and chair to the corridor. The rest of that day was spent at the corridor. I remembered the hot breeze blowing the pages from my book and tussled my hair. I held my tears but deep inside, it was really hurtful and frightening. That day was one my worst days in school and the most embarrassing. Based on the severity of the punishment, imitating my mum's signature must be the naughtiest thing that I ever did in school.

I wonder, IF I told teacher the truth, what would the outcome be?

No comments:

Post a Comment