Thursday, March 12, 2015

Birthday Celebrations

The past two birthdays (Jerilyn and Jesslyn) have been something to remember about although for different reasons.

We celebrated Jesslyn's 6th birthday at KL Tower last December (2014). The idea was planned in advance. I bumped into a promotion advertised in Groupon. For RM69, the deal includes a tour in its aquarium, entrance to the observation deck and buffet hi-tea in the revolving restaurant. Not sure it is a good deal but I have always wanted to dine in the revolving restaurant with my family. Thus, I bought 5 tickets, including for my dad.  On the whole, the experience was not very welcoming. Firstly, the aquarium tour was too short to last approximately 2 hours wait before we were allowed to dive up the tower to the revolving restaurant. Secondly, we did not have lunch as I did not know that the hi-tea would only open to visitors at 4pm (or was it 5?), on the dot. My dad in particular was famished by the time we had our hi-tea and Jesslyn turned blue. Thirdly, Jesslyn was so shy while the waiters came over to our table to serve the slice of cake (complimentary), rendering a birthday song to the birthday girl. In fact, she was so overwhelmed that she cried. How embarassing! Thank god the surroundings were quite noisy thus, overpowering her voice. She was not the only girl who celebrated birthday that day. The birthday song was sung about 20 over times.






Nevertheless, we had a fulfilling stomach at the end of the day. The buffet selection was good. The new experience of walking around the revolving restaurant and getting lost was something to remember. Other than that, Jerilyn's first tattoo on the face was something she is really proud of. In Malaysia, you hardly see a kid with face painting especially one as daring as this. If you spot one, the chances are it will  be a butterfly or a flower.
In fact, Jerilyn almost made a girl jump when her father pointed to Jerilyn and asked her to get 1 like Jerilyn. Unfortunately, not many people appreciate 'art' this way. Same went with Jesslyn. If I am not wrong, she only allowed the artist to paint a small cartoon on her arm.

The most enjoyable and comfortable experience in this trip was staying in a 75ft executive room at Eastin Hotel in PJ. The room came with 2 toilets ensuite. This was my second visit and has been the best hotel I have ever stayed in.


Turning to Jerilyn's birthday, she turned 8 on 27th January this year. The attention is not on the lavish celebration. We had a simple meal at secret recipe. This birthday is special because I bought her the most expensive birthday gift and the value is not only in the price.  It's a telescope which I bought online from national geographic. I have always wanted to get one telescope. Both of us were very excited. It cost me RM500. She was ecstatic with her new toy. However, til this very day, we have not really made good use of it. Other than peeking at our ceiling (I know that's not what it is meant for), we used it under the sky once after a rainfall. :p

I don't like to spend the night outside, exposing ourselves to robbers and any other dangers. Other than that, I don't fancy staying outside under this humid weather after a bath. What a shame huh! Alright, I promise to allow Jerilyn explore the sky with her telescope soon. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment