Friday, August 17, 2012

Apology

Since months ago, Jesslyn knows to demand for an apology. I have never made a record of it. Today, I heard it again while trying to put them to sleep. While it's still fresh in my memory, here it goes.

Jerilyn did something, which Jesslyn thought had offended the baby (Jesslyn's Mr Bean bear) and Jesslyn demanded an apology.

Jesslyn: Jie2, say sorry to baby.
Jerilyn: Sorry baby. (Loud)
Jesslyn: No. It's too loud. Say sorry again to baby.
Jerilyn: Sorry baby. (Loud again)
Jesslyn: It's too loud. Say 'Sorry baby'(soft).
Jerilyn: Sorry baby. (Loud again).
..

This ordeal repeated several times I began to think they were enjoying it. I stopped them after that or else it would never end.

Jesslyn still sings lullaby to the bear and cradles it like her baby.  She calls her bear 'baby' and if the baby is naughty, she scolds it. If the baby is scared, she puts it against her chest and pats its back while telling it not to be scared. There was once she brought a pillow, blanket and bolster down to the living room so that the baby could sleep comfortably. Jesslyn is usually a messy person. She throws things around as if my house is a huge garbage bin. I am surprised that she would put her baby cozily with blanket and bolster. Hmm.. Should I get her a real baby doll to play with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment