Friday, August 10, 2012

Racist

I don't know how but Jesslyn has always demonstrated discrimination towards the ugly, the blacks and the disadvantaged.

The first time she showed discrimination towards the ugly was about a year ago when she said this to her sister "eh! why your ugly face look so pretty today?"

The next incident was at a restaurant. She showed her displeasure seeing a down-syndrome baby boy "I don't like that boy." as she pointed at the boy.

After that, there were many other instances. For example, when Jerilyn was overly dressed, Jesslyn commented "Aiye, you look so Indian. I don't like it."

Today, the teacher took some photos of the kids at the Montessori. Jesslyn was reluctant to take photos with her own sister.  I asked her why. She answered "Because she is ugly."

I love to ask the girls about their schoolmates and Jesslyn loves to share her experiences in school. For a 3yo kid, she has quite distinct words to describe her friends. John is a naughty boy. Y is very beautiful. She likes to play with me. M is a quiet boy. They also talked about their teachers. Jesslyn said "I like teacher B but teacher B is black and brown."

No comments:

Post a Comment