Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Development (in progress)

What the kids can do.
Jerilyn (5y6m)
  1. 'recognise' words just by spelling it out to her. Sometimes, I try to communicate with my husband with them knowing it. Nothing obscene, just about some forbidden food when they are sick. So, one day, I spelt out 'N-U-G-G-E-T' and she knew immediately what I was talking about.
  2. can do addition below 20. for example 9+5. How do children learn to do addition and subtraction? She uses her fingers. I seen some draw dots on the paper. I used to teach her that way but somehow, she has the habit of adding with her fingers.


Jesslyn (3y6m):
  1. spell her own name and Jerilyn's name
  2. spell dog and cat orally. She doesn't know how to spell the whole word she has 
  3. read Peter and Jane book4
  4. play Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano by memory

Today, Jesslyn used a big word "Mummy, Jie2 DISTRACT me." I exclaimed "Wow! A big word." Jerilyn asked "Big word means the word is large?"

No comments:

Post a Comment