Sunday, June 26, 2011

Filial Girl

Jerilyn has always been a filial girl when it comes to respecting the oldies. Much so after my mum's incident.
For instance, recently, my dad's blood pressure shot up because of the stress from baby-sitting the kids. I told her that if she continues to be naughty, Gong2 won't take care of her. Her eyes were red when I said that. Since then, she has been 'less naughty'. She also told me that she is good and hasn't made Gong2 sick lately.
Because of this too, I have requested my in-law to take care of the kids once a week so that my dad can take more rest. Other than that, Hubby and I have taken turns to apply leave from work more often. Actually, hubs company is experiencing a slowdown in business, thus, the forced leave. Anyway, it's a blessing in disguise. So, one day, while my dad was driving her to her grandma's place, she asked "where is Mei2?" When she knew that her sister was already in the grandma's place, she didn't want to go. My dad was curious why. She explained "Ah Mar is old. She cannot take care of two kids." Dad was surprised. So was I. I thought, if my late mother knows how filial her grand-daughter is, she would surely be very pleased.
'Til now, my mum is still very much alive in my household. The kids often talk and sing about her. Birthday songs are dedicated to her, gifts are often said to be presented to her etc...
Last week, she asked again "Why do you cry Mummy? Why do you always cry-Po2, Po2?.... I also always think about Po2 but I don't cry..... Dont cry Mummy. Po2 is not happy if you cry."
I had given a journal topic to my students, which I myself wish it happens "If I could turn back time..."

No comments:

Post a Comment