Friday, June 3, 2011

First Assessment

Jerilyn had her first assessment a month ago and I have been anxious with her results. Below are her results:
Bahasa Malaysia 96%(100% after amendment)
English 96%
Mandarin 100% (this is questionable)
Mathematics 96%
Science 100%
Moral 100%

When she showed me her first paper, which was the Science paper, I was overwhelmed with delight. Although I expected her to do well in all her subjects but seeing the red '100' on a test paper has a magical effect on not only me I believe but on all parents.

I have a feeling I am going to be one of those 'kiasu' Malaysians even though I do not wish to be like them. I do not want to compare who scores higher marks, who has more 'A's, who is in the 'smart' class and who is not and who is number 1 in the class. Competition is good only if parents do not demoralise any kids. There are parents who compare and condemn their own children for not doing as well as the cousin or friend.

Ops... there I go again judging other parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment